Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Students in action.

This student is practicing an event for the NYO (Native Youth Olympics). Kyle is in mid-flight while attempting to hit a hanging tennis ball with a two-leg jump kick.







This might be a success story. The student that I am standing next to wanted to sleep through class when we first met on Monday. On St. Patrick's day, rather than pinching me, he snuck by me in the office to give my belly a comical pat. He doesn't seem to have trouble staying awake in class anymore.











Below is a student practicing for another event in the NYO called the seal-hop. It looks painful. Wassily is hopping across the floor with only his palms (fingers folded under at the second knuckle from the tip of the finger) and toes.


3 comments:

  1. Whoa. The NYO sounds really cool. I've seen great pictures of some of the events. Some look quite painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that once. I don't know how they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the students teach you the jump kick Jimie? We should have ou demonstrate it on Wednesday when you're back! ha!
    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete